Take a moment and look back at our 2011 in review of Keeping up with the Hatmakers so you will be ready to compare and contrast the numbers in 2012. I was quite surprised by the numbers in 2011. Not sure why - I was gone for all of them, but its really different when you see EXACTLY what the it says. The numbers don't lie! Neither does my dry cleaning bill. :)
drum roll please........
Nights in hotel: 130
This did not include any meals that were furnished to us by sales, owners, state associations, or friends who felt sorry for us eating out all the time.
After I added up all the numbers I thought I would look back in 2012 and see what were the highlights and some of the reasons our numbers jumped so much!
1. As usual, the National Western and the North American add a lot of nights and meals to the list.
2. We went on a real vacation during the summer and then took a Christmas vacation to Vegas. It's good to focus on a little downtime!
3. We ate at some good places in 2012!
- Seagar's in Destin, FL
- Spencer's Steakhouse in Omaha, NE
- All Vegas Restaurants!
- Texas de Brazeil in Denver, CO
- McCormick & Schmidts in Columbus, OH
- Smith & Wollensky's in Columbus, OH
- Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater, OK
- Deken Kemme's barn party (food provided by Julie Kemme)
5. Attended Christy Collin's Marketing Seminar in Stillwater
6. Dove more into our photo and video business HImaging.
Boy as I look back 2012 was a great year! I look forward to trying to top that in 2013! Like I said in my blogpost about 2011, if you travel a lot a travel journal is really fun. It is a great keepsake and a great way to look back at what you've been up to!